Over recent years, many people have discovered the numerous health benefits and delicious taste of organic coconut oil. As a result, many coconut by-products have become increasingly popular, with coconut oil and coconut milk often considered as a preferred choice over more traditional forms of oil and milk.
Food and beverage manufacturers can capitalise on this growing market trend by incorporating bulk organic coconut oil in their product formulations. By tapping into this new health-conscious market segment, you can create new sales opportunities and increase your market share as your product may appeal to a wider market.
Organic Bulk Coconut By-products – Health Benefits
Coconuts contain many properties that are beneficial to one’s health. Coconut by-products contain fatty acids that are anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. These fatty acids are also more readily used by the body for energy and are less likely to be absorbed and stored as fat.
The health benefits of coconuts are also found in the many minerals they contain, such as magnesium, potassium and iron. Organic coconut by-products such as organic coconut oil and organic coconut milk, are also vegan-friendly and naturally dairy-free and gluten-free, which make them a healthy and delicious allergy-free alternative. Hence, by including coconut in your product formulations, you are adding value to your packaged products.
Bulk Coconut Oil – Uses in Food Manufacturing
There are a variety of coconut by-products that can be purchased through coconut wholesalers and incorporated into food and beverage manufacturing. These include:
- Coconut oil— Coconut oil can be used as a cooking oil and food ingredient. Also suited for cosmetics, soaps, body oil and hair products.
- Coconut milk and cream — Coconut oil and coconut cream can be used as a food ingredient in cakes, biscuits and ready-made meals.
- Coconut water— Coconut water can be added to beverages such as sports drinks and juices.
- Coconut chips or shredded coconut— Coconut chips or shredded coconut can be added to mueslis, desserts, yoghurts and snack packs e.g. trail mixes.
- Coconut flour— Coconut flour can be used in baked goods such as cakes, biscuits and slices.
- Coconut sugar — Coconut sugar can be used as a low-GI alternative to cane sugar.
Sourcing a Reputable Coconut Supplier and Coconut Manufacturer
It is important to source a quality wholesaler of bulk coconut oil and coconut milk (as well as other bulk coconut by-products), in order to ensure the high quality and purity of these raw ingredients. Where possible, look for a manufacturer of bulk “organic” coconut products that also adheres to international quality standards for food processing. This ensures that the natural benefits, flavours and aromas of coconut are not compromised.
Increase sales and profit with Bulk Coconut By-products
Coconut by-products such as organic coconut oil and coconut milk can be added to your packaged foods and beverages to increase their marketability and attraction to a wide variety of consumers. By adding these raw ingredients to your product formulations, you are also transferring the health benefits of coconut to these products. This can add significant value to your portfolio, which may not only increase your sales and market share, but also increase your profits too!